Friday, January 29, 2016

Alice in Wonderland at The British Library


I was at the Kings Cross Station when I noticed that I had a couple of hour left before my train departure. Then I decided to spend my time at The British Library, which is within walking distance from the station. 

Stuck in the White Rabbit's house.
When I arrived at The Library, it turned out that they were holding an exhibition as a part of
the celebration of 150 years of the publication of Lewis Caroll's Alice in Wonderland. Some manuscripts, prints, original illustrations, and Wonderland related stuff were displayed on the main venue. Taking pictures was strictly prohibited at the exhibition, so I only took some pictures of the displays at the lobby and the store.






The store decoration was very impressive. There were Tenniel's illustration giant cut outs (all made of cardboards) which created surreal atmosphere. They sell Wonderland themed merchandises and numerous version of Alice in Wonderland illustrated books.






 






No comments:

Post a Comment